We cover a wide range of SAP topics across a number of fields. Our adesso test factory is here to support you with software testing services. Along with that, our employees maintain your business critical SAP solutions like the highly versatile SAP Cloud Platform and ensure they run cost efficiently. We would be happy to advise you on this or on other topics related to making the transition to S/4HANA. By joining forces, we can help you realise your full potential.
Cross sectional topics in the SAP area
From transformation and integration to maintenance
An array of solutions to help your business thrive and succeed
Software testing is becoming increasingly important and complex, especially in the SAP environment. The reasons for this: ongoing system adaptations and the digitalisation of process optimisations and the integration of different systems and technologies. Processes across systems have to be tested more and more frequently in order to be able to guarantee the mission-critical processes of customers, in particular.
In addition, the testing and ongoing execution of regression tests must be redesigned conceptually in agile development projects as well as in continuous integration concepts, especially with regard to SAP.
adesso is your qualified partner in the field of testing. We have efficiently applied our test expertise for our customers in a wide variety of development projects in SAP, Java and Microsoft environments.
More about the adesso Test Factory
We have bundled the comprehensive expertise and experiences in the adesso Test Factory. In this way, we can provide you with the best possible advice – in both traditional and agile projects across systems. We will support you conceptually and operationally
- In traditional as well as agile SAP projects
- In agile and traditional Java projects
- In SAP release upgrades
- In the SAP support process
- In executing end-to-end testing across systems
- In performing test management – even with the most diverse tools such as SAP Solman, Spira, RQM, TestLink, Zephire and Xray
- In carrying out test automation with various tools – including Tosca, UFT, eCATT and Selenium
- In establishing and optimising of an internal testing team
- With support in the selection and introduction of new testing tools
- In integrating different tools for requirements management, test management, test automation and a ticket system (for example integrating Confluence for requirements management with Zephire as test management, UFT for test automation and Jira as a traditional ticket system) or connecting Tosca test automation to SAP Solman
The methodology of our adesso Test Factory is oriented towards the ISTQB process model and offers you numerous advantages. These include:
- Experienced test managers (certified according to ISTQB and as project managers and SAP consultants)
- Experienced SAP testers (certified according to ISTQB and as SAP consultants)
- Comprehensive SAP know-how – both with SAP Solman and eCatt as well as with SAP applications in various industries
- Extensive know-how with testing of Java applications in connection with Continuous Integration (CI), Selenium/Jenkins in agile projects
- Short set-up times for the introduction and integration of different tools for requirement, test management and test automation
- Individual consultation and conception design
We cooperate with various renowned manufacturers of test management and test automation tools in order to provide you with the best possible conceptual and strategic advice. This includes our partnership with Tricentis, which enables us to use the complete test suite from Tosca, for example.
Operating and maintaining SAP solutions
SAP systems map the business processes of your company and, in this regard, they are mission-critical. Failures cannot be tolerated and they have serious economic consequences. For this reason, great importance is attached to secure, cost-optimised and cost-effective operation.
You can generate numerous added values by operating and maintaining your SAP solution externally:
- You can reduce risks and increase cost advantages by scaling and industrialising your operations
- When you bundle tasks, you avoid a bottlenecking of resources and create redundancies in know-how
- Your previously required resources can be used elsewhere – for example for project work, improvements, changes or new applications.
We are your expert in application management
adesso is very familiar with operating and maintaining SAP solutions of various companies. We have the appropriate infrastructure and setup for your outsourced operations. This can be carried out in different service level agreements (SLAs), depending on how critical your system is or as you require.
Your SAP landscape can be carried out in different phases in accordance with the SLAs:
1) Your SAP landscape is checked according to defined checklists and examined with regard to support and operability. At the same time, a review and validation of the existing documentation take place. If necessary, it is supplemented. Any preparatory work that may still be necessary is defined and carried out as a project.
2) Subsequently, the operation can be carried out within the agreed SLA. The main focus is placed on secure operation and the fulfilment of compliance and governance. Regular audits document the fulfilled standards and also give you a proven security.
3) Corresponding projects are defined, set up and implemented if your system landscape changes. Since SAP landscapes are rarely static, adjustments and improvements are performed on a regular basis.
4) In the event that the service contract ends, transfer points are defined to ensure continuity.
Your systems are monitored by our experts using various tools. Your database and operating system are also monitored, in addition to the SAP application. We react immediately in case of deviations or changes. Errors can also be detected in advance and prevented when your systems are monitored. Your systems can be hosted in our data centre or, if desired, in your own.
A wide range of offerings and services from SAP are grouped under the generic term of ‘SAP cloud’. However, due to the abundance of possibilities, there is often a need for neutral advice. This is where our SAP experts come in: We will advise you and provide you with the solution that is right for your company – whether software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) or infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS).
SaaS: SuccessFactors, Concur and Fieldglass are well-known representatives of SaaS solutions. These cloud applications are to be used exclusively as SaaS and are operated and kept up-to-date by SAP.
PaaS: The SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) is the best-known representative of PaaS. SAP systems will be developed and expanded here in the future. This environment is provided by an in-memory based environment and a focus on Java.
IaaS: SAP does not provide IaaS from a technology standpoint. However, there is the HANA Enterprise Cloud, which is a service for operating SAP systems on infrastructure that is based on services from selected hyperscale providers.
The most prominent hyperscale provider in the SAP world is certainly Microsoft, which, as a ‘preferred partner’ since October 2019, has been addressing SAP partners and customers as part of the joint Embrace initiative to accelerate the adaptation rate of S/4HANA as well as cloud solutions.
Heading into the cloud together
Does your company use an on-premises solution from SAP in parallel with SAP’s cloud offerings? If so, there are some questions regarding the strategic development of this solution landscape that arise:
- What shape can a hybrid scenario take?
- Which systems or data should be ‘on-premises’ and close to production?
- How does the integration into third-party applications work and is there the corresponding capacity for Java developments available?
- What innovations will be available for your industry in the near future and how can a high ROI be achieved?
- How can a cloud solution help you reduce the S/4HANA project duration?
- How can Fiori be used to optimise the user experience of your employees and customers?
We will support you in this context. Acting as your reliable partner, adesso has experience and technical know-how in the area of SAP. This enables our experts to implement your cloud solution quickly, goal-oriented and with a focus on results.